Welcome to CHOICE Academy
About CHOICE Academy
- CHOICE Academy provides a small, safe, learning environment, with relevant curriculum and top-notch teachers. We share a family-style school, based on relationships. CHOICE stands for Children Have Options in Choosing Education, and we work closely with our students and their families throughout the middle and high school experience.
- CHOICE is a fully-accredited, credit-bearing, and diploma-granting middle and high school. We provide a small, personalized school environment, with rigorous coursework and high expectations for all of our students. We believe the CHOICE model offers profound advantages for all of our students.
- Students may choose to stay at CHOICE throughout their middle and high school years, or may choose to take advantage of other options during their upper high school years, such as Running Start, the Puget Sound Skills Center, or transferring back to their neighborhood school.
- CHOICE offers traditional-type courses in the morning. In the afternoon there are a few traditional-type electives offered on-site, or families can take advantage of an opportunity to develop, with school staff, a specialized independent elective or physical education program off-site. Independent electives have included ideas such as musical instrument lessons, equestrian riding, dance, or theatre arts.
- CHOICE accepts students at all grade levels based on space availability. Typical entry grades are at the 7th grade for middle school, and 9th grade for high school.